“Questions To Ask BEFORE You Decide ...”Categories: Daily Living
Some Questions To Ask BEFORE You Decide …
Sometimes folks have a hard time deciding what to do in specific situations that call for a clear decision. When “peer pressure” enters in, some decisions to do what is right become even harder! What ought I do? What would Jesus do? These are thoughts folks have, but it doesn’t mean we always choose the right thing! In light of this fact, below are seven questions we can ask ourselves when trying to make a proper decision. Each one of these questions are based on specific passages from the Bible, so read them carefully and live them so that might make decisions that are pleasing to God.
Before making that “final” decision, let us ask ….
1. Can you ask God to bless your decision (Prov. 10:22)?
2. Can you thank God for it (Col. 3:17)?
3. Are you doing this to the glory of God (I Cor. 10:31)?
4. Will your decision be a stumbling block to others (I Cor. 8:13)?
5. Are you doing this to please God rather than people (Col. 3:23; Gal. 1:10)?
6. Have you thought ahead about the consequences of your decision (Gal. 6:7)?
7. Would you want to be doing whatever you decide when Jesus returns (I Thess. 5:2-3)?
Think seriously about these things, friends. I am afraid we forget just how important our decisions can be, and how our decisions affect others even after we are gone (I Tim. 5:24-25; Rev. 14:13; Heb. 11:4; etc.). What decisions are you making? How will they affect your soul and the souls of others (Matt. 5:13-16)? Choose wisely!!